Orca™ MicroBulk Delivery Unit
When Chart launched the Orca in 1996 it revolutionized the industry by making liquid gas distribution for smaller and medium volume users technically and commercially feasible.
- Especially suited to urban areas and reaches locations that are inaccessible to traditional bulk supply tankers
- Fast on-site filling of liquid cylinders
- When connected to a Perma-Cyl® MicroBulk Storage System, Orca automatically terminates the delivery for a safe and reliable single-hose fill
- For inert service, the Orca uses a variety of submerged pumps for a safe, convenient and fast fill, without product loss. Other models include innovative pump-less designs that utilize the cryogenic vaporization energy to deliver the liquid reliably and quietly
- Integrated Flowcom® Flow Metering System for highly accurate measuring, even with small quantities (only National Institute Standards Testing (NIST) approved system meter available in the US)
- Stainless steel and bronze plumbing for long service life
- Robust inner vessel support system affords protection even on the most rugged roads
Orca was extensively redesigned in 2017 to provide further improvements in efficiency and safety with reduced driver training and maintenance. See our short video to learn how the latest generation Orca typically enables drivers to service 1 or 2 additional customers per shift.
The Orca has also been manufactured at Chart's facility in Changzhou, P.R. China since 2006 and is fully compliant with all Chinese regulations and standards.
Orca™ VHP Series for Inert Gas Service
The VHP is specifically engineered for inert service - liquid nitrogen (LIN) and liquid argon (LAR) - and is designed to complete the entire fill operation in less than 30 minutes with no pump cooling or product loss. Gross liquid capacity of the unit is 7220 gallons (27,331 liters). Equipped to fill Perma-Cyl storage vessels and bulk tanks of all sizes. Click for full specifications
Orca™ CO2 Series and Orca™ Mite for CO2 Service
- Designed to fill the Carbo-Mizer®, Carbo-Max® and Perma-Max™ CO2 Systems
- Capacities from 420 to 2970 gallons (1593 to 11,243 liters)
- Built to ASME and DOT MC-338 design codes
- 304 stainless steel inner vessel (Food Grade Standard) with a design temperature of -320°F
- High quality vacuum with super insulation eliminates just-in-time filling and provides colder CO2 necessary for a single-hose, no loss fill to the storage vessel
- Dedicated diesel-fired glycol-based pressure builder system maintains a high delivery pressure throughout
- 3 year vacuum warranty
- Incorporates Flowcom® technology for accurate and reliable metering
|MC338 Capacity (gal/ltrs)
|Min. Dispensing Rate (lbs/min)
|Max. Dispensing Rate (lbs/min)
|Max. Dispensing Pressure (psig)
For full specifications download the data sheets from the literature section below.