Orca™ MicroBulk Delivery Unit
When Chart launched the Orca in 1996 it revolutionized the industry by making liquid gas distribution for smaller and medium volume users technically and commercially feasible.
- Especially suited to urban areas and reaches locations that are inaccessible to traditional bulk supply tankers
- Fast on-site filling of liquid cylinders
- When connected to a Perma-Cyl® MicroBulk Storage System, Orca automatically terminates the delivery for a safe and reliable single-hose fill
- For inert service, the Orca uses a variety of submerged pumps for a safe, convenient and fast fill, without product loss. Other models include innovative pump-less designs that utilize the cryogenic vaporization energy to deliver the liquid reliably and quietly
- Integrated Flowcom® Flow Metering System for highly accurate measuring, even with small quantities (only National Institute Standards Testing (NIST) approved system meter available in the US)
- Stainless steel and bronze plumbing for long service life
- Robust inner vessel support system affords protection even on the most rugged roads
Orca was extensively redesigned in 2017 to provide further improvements in efficiency and safety with reduced driver training and maintenance. See our short video to learn how the latest generation Orca typically enables drivers to service 1 or 2 additional customers per shift.
The Orca has also been manufactured at Chart's facility in Changzhou, P.R. China since 2006 and is fully compliant with all Chinese regulations and standards.
Orca™ VHP Series
The VHP is specifically engineered for inert service - liquid nitrogen (LIN) and liquid argon (LAR) - and is designed to complete the entire fill operation in less than 30 minutes with no pump cooling or product loss. Gross liquid capacity of the unit is 7220 gallons (27,331 liters). Equipped to fill Perma-Cyl storage vessels and bulk tanks of all sizes. Click for full specifications
Orca™ CO2 Series MicroBulk Delivery System
- Designed to fill the Carbo-Mizer® and Carbo-Max® Bulk CO2 Systems and the Perma-Max™ MicroBulk CO2 System
- Stainless steel inner vessel protected by a high quality vacuum with super insulation eliminates just-in-time filling and provides colder CO2 necessary for a single-hose, no loss fill to the storage vessel
- To maintain a high delivery pressure from stop to stop, the Orca CO2 delivery unit incorporates a dedicated diesel-fired glycol-based pressure builder system