Vacuum Insulated Cryogenic Pipe (Vacuum Jacketed Pipe)
Chart Vacuum Insulated Cryogenic Pipe (aka Vacuum Jacketed Pipe) delivers a thermal efficiency >10 times better than traditional foam insulated pipe.
Choose your optimum cryogenic pipe solution:
- Engineered to Order for a fully customized solution
- Python® utilizes pre-engineered standard sections for easy modular construction, reduced cost, lead-time and engineering
At every stage our experienced, highly trained staff are available to help at all levels of complexity, from guiding you through our on-line Python picklist to addressing the most demanding cryogenic pipe challenges.
||Engineered to Order
||LN2, LO2, LAR, LH2, LHe, LCO2, LNG
||LN2, LAR, LCO2, LNG
||Complete custom engineered
||Pre-engineered standard sections
||1/2" to 12"
||1", 2", 3"
150psig with bayonets
400psig with welded field joints
|Typical Lead Time
||3 to >6 weeks after design approval
||Finished goods in stock. 2 to 4 weeks for assembly
||Full Chart design with trained staff equipped to handle all levels of complexity
||Design your own system using our online Python picklist. Inside sales staff available to provide assistance
- Piping systems in accordance with ASME B31.3
- Cleaned for cryogenic service
- Helium mass spec. tested to 1x10-9 cc/sec
Engineered to Order Vacuum Jacketed Pipe
- Space simulation for temperature testing satellites
- Nanoparticle cleaning for layered electronic processor manufacturing of smart phones
- Temperature shock testing of electronic components for automotive, aerospace and defense
- Nitrogen dosing to increase bottle rigidity, reduce waste and increase shelf life in food and beverage packaging
Python® Vacuum Jacketed Pipe
Ideal for highly temperature-sensitive piping systems found in the petrochemical, energy, manufacturing and food and beverage industries and an excellent choice for liquid CO2 applications.
Total System Solution
Vacuum Insulated Pipe is a key component enabling Chart to deliver the optimum turnkey cryogenic solution for a huge variety of liquid gas applications, all the way from food and beverage packaging to providing high rates of hydrogen and oxygen at space launch pads.
- Liquefied gases are stored at ultra-cold temperatures in a vacuum insulated tank.
- Vacuum jacketed pipe connects the tank’s liquid withdrawal to the application equipment.
- Chart equipment controls the delivery of gas to other applications within the facility.
- The application equipment is designed to utilize liquid at specific properties.
Comprehensive After-Sales Service and Support
Expert staff available to assist from our facilities and in the field with:
- All technical queries and systems advice
- Spare parts
- Installation and commissioning
- Service, maintenance and repairs
- Helium mass spectometer leak and vacuum loss testing
Range of Options and Accessories
Maximize the functionality of your system through a series of Chart supplied accessories, including:
- Adjustable Pressure Phase Separator (APPS) - allow low pressure liquid to be provided to an installation that is supplied from a bulk tank at higher pressure without the need to install a separate bulk tank
- Phase Separator - used in highly specialized applications requiring extremely high purity, low pressure liquid nitrogen on demand
- Vacuum insulated withdrawal for installations that require the transfer of high purity, cold, low pressure liquid from bulk or MicroBulk storage
- Gas monitoring
- Cryovents and heaters
Visit our video channel for a series of informational videos on Vacuum Insulated Cryogenic Pipe.